Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It's All In The Filling


Oh bad lighting, how I detest thee!

I was told by a few people recently that the entries on my blog have not been juicy enough, where's the gossip they say. The truth of the matter is that cooking and baking really is what has been occupying most of my time lately. With work out of the way, I have even more time than before to go and pick the best and freshest ingredients, choose the recipes from my "culinary experiments" file (I kid you not, the list exists, sorted by categories like sweet/savory, cheesecakes, cookies, meat etc. which once made receive a "grade") and jump into my kitchen to make them. Such came together the cooking/baking night last week-except there were 2 of us.

We picked out our menu based on 2 criteria-we wanted to make it dairy and preferably dishes that are best served immediately. I will spare you the recipes this time since we pretty much followed already existing ones from other blogs, but here are the pictures.
the mushroom soup in the making


handmade regular and whole wheat ravioli dough resting


a ricotta cheese filling went in the regular dough



and a butternut squash and sweet potato filling in the whole wheat


and of course, to top it off, hot chocolate cake with its own chocolate sauce at the bottom


We had a great time and the food was very yummy indeed if I may say so myself. Well at least Shugi seemed to be enjoying himself:


The next entry will have nothing to do with food I promise (I think)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first the macaroon recipe was intimidating. Now this menu, which includes my absolute favorite foods, seems much simpler to make and LOOKS absolutely delicious. And i like the tone of not taking yourself too seriously but sharing yr experiences.
j.

Shoshana Kordova said...

what a poor excuse for not sharing your recipes- you just don't want to give away all your secrets!!

Nesya said...

j.-thanks for your comment. the food was indeed delicious-i'm already ready for the next baking night! and don't worry, the macaroons were probably one of the most difficult recipes you'll see on this blog

Nesya said...

shosh-shut up (what, it's my blog, i can use whatever kind of language i want)! :) i'll be sure to blog our little baking project that's coming up soon and then we'll see who will be looking for excuses.